1. IAFF– International Association of Fire Fighters
2. FMAM – Fire Marshals Association of Minnesota
3. Minneapolis Fire Museum – Firefighters Hall and Museum
4. MN State Chiefs – Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association
5. North Star Women’s Firefighters Association – A non-profit organization that assists with mentoring, networking and training women in the Fire Service, and those interested in joining the Fire Service.
1. St. Bonifacius Fire Department
2. Chaska Fire Department
3. Long Lake Fire Department
4. Mound Fire Department
5. Chanhassen Fire Department
6. Minnetonka Fire Department
1. Deephaven Police – Serving the city of Deephaven.
2. South Lake Minnetonka Police Department – Serving the cities of Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood and Tonka Bay.
1. City of Deephaven, MN
2. City of Excelsior, MN
3. City of Greenwood, MN
4. City of Shorewood, MN
5. City of Tonka Bay, MN
6. Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce – Serves Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood and Tonka Bay.
7. Minnetonka Community Education – Supports the educational, social and recreational needs of the community.
1. Hennepin County Hazardous Waste – Hennepin County has two drop-off facilities where residents can get rid of recycling, electronics, appliances & household hazardous wastes.
2. Hennepin Regional Poison Center – Provides emergency poison management & poison prevention information.
3. Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office – Serving the 1.2 million residents across Hennepin County.
1. Consumer Products Safety Commission – Recalls, Safety Education, Regulations, Laws & Standards, Research & Statistics, & Business & Manufacturing
2. FEMA – Federal Emergency Management Agency
3. National Weather Service – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Weather Service
1. National Safety Council – The National Safety Council (NSC) saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the roads, through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
2. National Fire Protection Association – NFPA is the authority on fire, electrical and building safety.
1. Minnesota Department of Health – MDH protects, maintains and improves the health of Minnesotans.
2. MN Department of Natural Resources – The Minnesota DNR works with citizens to conserve and manage the state’s natural resources, to provide outdoor recreation opportunities, and to provide for commercial uses of natural resources in a way that creates a sustainable quality of life.
3. MN State Fire Marshal Office – The mission of the State Fire Marshal Division is to protect lives and property by fostering a fire safe environment through investigation, enforcement, regulation, emergency response, data collection and public education.
4. Missing Children Minnesota – Help in locating missing children, plus advocacy and support services, and prevention education regarding missing children and runaways.
1. America Burning – Report – “America Burning” PDF – The report of The national Commission on Fire Prevention and Control.
2. Land Mobile Communications Council – The LMCC is a non-profit association of organizations representing land mobile radio carriers and manufacturers equipment; LMCC membership represents diverse telecommunications sectors such as public safety, industrial/land transportation, private radio, specialized mobile radio and critical infrastructure.
3. After the Fire! Returning to Normal – PDF provides information on recovering from a fire.
4. National Fire Protection Association – NFPA is the authority on fire, electrical and building safety.
5. KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System – The Knox Company provides non-destructive emergency access to commercial and residential property. More than 9,000 fire departments and government agencies use these products.
6. Underwriters Laboratories – Underwriters Laboratories® is an independent product safety certification organization that has been testing products and writing standards for safety for more than a century.
7. Smoke Alarm Installation & Maintenance – Installing your smoke alarms correctly and making sure they are in working order.
8. Fire in Minnesota Data – Top Causes of Fires in Minnesota. Based on data reported to the Minnesota State Fire Marshal Division by fire departments across the state of Minnesota. Data published in the 2013 Fire in Minnesota.
9. Mesothelioma Group– Asbestos exposure and mesothelioma step-by-step guidance, firefighter safety tips and support.
Training, Education and Information
1. American Heart Association – CPR and ECC info and classes.
2. CPR – Twin Cities – American Red Cross ® CPR, AED, first aid and OSHA-approved blood-borne pathogens training and certification.
3. Minnesota SCA Survivor Network – Supports Sudden Cardiac Arrest survivors and their families, advocate for community access to AEDs and educate people about SCA and early defibrillation.
4. Minnetonka Community Education – Supports the educational, social and recreational needs of the community
5. North Memorial Education – North Memorial EMS Education is one of the largest providers of emergency care training in the upper Midwest.
6. Red Cross – The American National Red Cross
7. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association – SCAA identifies and unites survivors, those at risk of sudden cardiac arrest, as well as others who are interested in being advocates on SCAA issues in their communities and beyond.
8. The Great Chicago Fire – Online exhibition produced by the Chicago Historical Society and Academic Technologies of Northwestern University to mark the 125th anniversary of one of the most famous events in American history, as well as the most formative event in the history of Chicago.
1. Centerpoint Energy – Formerly known as Minnegasco
2. Xcel Energy – Electricity utility. (Sometimes misspelled “Excel”)
1. Hennepin Emergency Medical Services – An Urban/Suburban 9-1-1 Emergency Medical Services agency handling calls from the citizens and visitors of Hennepin County.