Ready for Decoration
Twenty trees are at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating.
Giving Trees can be identified by the green or red tree shaped poem tied to the boughs
Last Day to Decorate Friday, December 9th
Where to Donate
Giving Tree decoration angels (you) are encouraged to place your ornaments and tree trimming on the trees.
The Official Giving Tree Project Donation Drop-offsite for tree stands, new lights or, a large decoration donation is at
Gary’s First Class Car Care at 366 Highway 7 in Excelsior.
Items are accepted all year round.
What Can Be Donated
All donations must be in good condition, gently used, and not soiled.
· Glass bulbs that are in good condition, not cracked and the paint cannot be chipped or peeling.
· Ornaments new, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
· Tree Trimmings, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
· Tree tops, hand crafted, homemade, and with previous tree experience.
· Lights new or in new condition.
· Tree stands for trees 3-5 feet tall.
· New tree bags
· Tree Skirts
Please no candles
How You Can Help
Think of the Giving Tree Project when...
· You’re downsizing your tree trimmings, ornaments, and tree bling.
· You do not know what to do with those ornaments you received as gifts that are just not your style.
· You just don’t know what to do with those ornaments from your x-spouse.
· You have talented children that want to help, have them make ornaments.
· Your Christmas boxes are outgrowing their storage space.
· You are writing up your holiday invites and ask for donations for the Giving Tree Project in lieu of hostess gifts.
How Your Organization Can Adopt a Tree to Decorate
Your group can adopt a tree to personalize and make special for the family receiving the tree.
Nothing adds to a tree more than ornaments and trimmings placed by the hands of someone who cares. Decorations can be handmade, purchased, or have previous tree experience.
We encourage groups to write their names, and/or group names on the ornaments.
A ribbon or banner with your group’s information is also welcome. These tiny 3 to 4-foot trees stand outside and are exposed to the elements, the ornaments or cards should be placed in Ziplocs or plastic bags
Contact Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to be assigned a tree.
· Twenty trees will be at their business foster sites and ready for public decorating by Saturday, December 3rd, 2020·
· Trees will be delivered to foster sites the week of November 25th, 2019 between 10:00 AM-3:00PM.
· Trees will be picked up for ResourceWest clients on Saturday, December 10th at10:00 a.m.
· If your family, a neighbor, or someone you know in the community that needs a Christmas Tree this year, contact ResourceWest at
To Be Added To Our Event List
To be added to our event mailing list or the Giving Tree Project mailing list contact Kellie with your information and indicate which list you would like to be placed on. We can mail or e-mail mail you the information. The Excelsior Fire District does not sell or share our lists.
Contact Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail at email@example.com
Becoming a Foster Site
Great News, the 2022Giving Trees all have Foster Sites
If your are a business in downtown Excelsior and you would like be a Giving Tree Foster Site in the future,
call Kellie at 952-960-1692 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org be placed on the waiting list.
Pick Up Dates
· Trees will be picked up by community volunteers on Saturday, December 10th .
Dunn Brothers Coffee
The Dock Cinema
Excelsior Bay Books
36 Water Street
Lakes Area Realty
The Vintage Loft
Re/Max Advantage Plus
Excelsior Eye Care
Wells Fargo Bank (side door)
Excelsior Real Estate
State Farm Insurance
The Commons Work Place
Excelsior Paint and Design
Gary’s First Class Car Care
720 Galpin Lake Road